May 9, 2011

Spice Island

I am now in Zanzibar, land of exotic spices, white sand beaches, and culturally still a Swahili stronghold. Though I have yet to form my own opinions of it, it seems to be the general consensus that I am now in paradise. I certainly hope I will agree!

I now have to speak almost entirely in Swahili, so already I feel like I have mush for brains. Language immersion is ROUGH! After the comfort of Kenya, I forgot how daunting it is to be a stranger in a new town...especially in a foreign language. I will update again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck love... take lots of photos for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost blocked the "Nakumiss Sana Sana" emails I was getting in my inbox but fortunately realized they were blog posts! Thanks for the updates -- sounds like a rollercoaster of a trip and it's only been less than a week!

    ReplyDelete